Sunday, January 14, 2007

True Story

Had lunch with the girlfriend while we were shopping the other day, and started reminiscing about old times.

My favourite story I like to tell others about her happened a couple of winters ago. We were leaving my building and as I stepped out I saw a sheet of ice on the ground around the door. Very slippery. I said to her, "Be careful, it's slippery."

She stepped out, and promptly fell on her bottom. To my credit, I did not take any pleasure at all in this. I did not laugh or even smile. I was genuinely concerned for her as I helped her up and asked if she was okay.

"You could have told me it was slippery!" , she barked at me. I was a little surprised by the unfairness of this.

"I did tell you it was slippery!"

"You didn't tell me HOW slippery!"

In a small, small way she reminds me of this guy's girlfriend. But only in a small way. Really.

No comments: