Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Sister Knows Best

Sigh. After my sister nagged me for literally months to start writing for Blogcritics my first article got on the front page of Digg. Her response was, "Is this a good time to say I told you so? There's an appetite out there for the kind of stuff you geek out over. Congrats!"

When my second article went up on Blogcritics she said, "...you're gonna get dugg." I said, " ...it's not going to get dugg, it's sitting at 18 right now, and I don't think it will get much more."

I'm not going to argue with her anymore. My second article went to Digg's front page tonight. That's two articles for two. She knows best.

I was actually surprised. The article was pretty basic, just a few examples of music players with a brief description of each. It wasn't nearly as good as the one on making DVDs. However, when I mentioned this, my sister said, "shut up with the self deprecation, geek boy."

As I said, I'm not going to argue with her anymore. I'll shut up.

Oh, and by the way, I'm not going to write about every single time I get on Digg anymore either. Now I'll be coolly nonchalant, "Digg? Oh, yes, I don't think I had an article on there yesterday, but I'm writing another one today so I'll be back up there soon."

Actually, that's not so much coolly nonchalant as obnoxiously boorish. I can go with that, too.

No comments: