Friday, September 22, 2006

Exceeded Expectations... So Far

Telus has really surprised me. When I signed up for a cell phone plan I was told I would get an email confirming delivery of the phone within 3-5 days. "Right," I thought, "I'll believe that when I see it." The reason for that thought was a terrible experience I had with them when trying to get internet access, a story I may share another time.

I received an email on Thursday letting me know that it was being shipped. I was mildly surprised, as that was only 4 days after I ordered it. I expected to actually receive it next week. Early next week was the hope, but I wasn't holding my breath.

Got home from work today to find that UPS had attempted delivery of the phone, and that they'll try again on Monday. Well, colour me surprised. And on Monday I don't start work until 4:00 PM, so I should even be home when they try.

I'm spending a lot of time writing about a stupid cell phone I don't even have yet, but right now that's the big event in my life. Sort of sad.

No comments: